A gift of health is one of the most enduring gifts you can give. When you give through The Foundation, you join thousands of others who recognize the importance of contributing to the health of our community. The Foundation raises funds for Mon Health System and Mon General Hospital through a variety of methods. Gifts may be designated as either unrestricted or restricted. Most donations are 100% tax deductible.
Ways to Contribute:
How Can I Direct Where My Gift Goes?
- Capital Gifts - These special one-time monetary gifts provide funds to establish or renovate facilities and purchase equipment. Cash contributions are the most common type of gift and qualify for a charitable tax deduction in the year given.
- Annual Fund - Annual gifts are solicited to fund a variety of programs. A multi-year pledge allows donors to realize periodic tax benefits by spreading their pledge payments over an extended period of time. As a donor, you can make a more significant investment than might be possible through a one-time cash outlay.
- Commemorative Gifts - Donors may bestow a gift in honor or remembrance of someone special or to mark an important occasion. The Foundation sends acknowledgements to the individual or group being honored to inform them of the gift. The amount of the gift is not disclosed.
- Major and Planned Gifts - The term "planned giving" is reserved for the many large gifts which involve detailed planning by the donor and his or her attorney, tax accountant or other advisors. These major gifts offer naming opportunities to donors with interests in specific projects.
- Special Events - The Foundation sponsors a variety of special events throughout the year, including an annual Golf Classic. There are a variety of opportunities for corporate and individual sponsorships, as well as contributions of service.
You can designate your gifts in the following ways:
How Are Our Donors Recognized?
- Unrestricted: Your gift is used where the need is greatest within Mon General Hospital and Mon Health System as determined by The Foundation's Board of Directors.
- Cancer Prevention: The Zelda Stein Weiss Cancer Awareness and Early Detection Program seeks donations that support quarterly cancer screenings, such as mammograms, prostate, colorectal and skin cancer testing for area residents regardless of their ability to pay.
- Patient Care: Funds have been restricted to help a number of patient care functions, including Oncology, Emergency Services, Heart Care, General Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Special Projects: From time to time funds are requested for special projects.
- Health Career Scholarship Funds: The Foundation currently supports 25 financially needy health career students and continually seeks general donations as well as principle sums to create scholarships bearing the name of the donor.
- Endowment: Funds may be given to add to the general funds providing increased growth to help support Foundation programs.
- Charity Care: This fund is designed to provide relief to the most needy in our society who do not qualify for other forms of assistance.
Our donors are extremely important to us. We have several recognition programs through which contributors are honored:
Donors are recognized and receive benefits based on their cumulative giving level:
- Memorials and Honor gifts are published in the quarterly Foundation Forum newsletter.
- Any donation of $500 or more may be recognized on the Tree of Life located in the Mon General Hospital Lobby. Donations of $500 are recognized by placing an engraved leaf on the tree, $2,000 gets an acorn on the tree, $3,000 gets a capped acorn and $10,000 is honored with a stone under the tree.
- Special plaques for areas or programs are available with the donation of $5,000 or more.
- Friend: - $100-$499
- Partner: - $500-$999
- Benefactor: - $1,000-$4,999
- Benefactor of Honor: - $5,000-$9,999
- Benefactor of Distinction: - $10,000-$24,999
- President's Society: - $25,000-$49,999
- Chairman's Society: - $50,000-$99,999
- Founder's Society: - $100,000 and above
Your Gift: Your support does make a difference. A contribution to The Foundation helps ensure that Mon General Hospital and Mon Health System will be here when you, your loved ones and your neighbors need them. Yes, I would like more information about The Foundation and gift giving opportunities at Mon Health System. Mon General Foundation Donation Form