Some patients and families find that the best place for them to be at the end of life is in an extended care facility (nursing home, personal care home, or assisted living). The same quality, compassionate care provided by Morgantown Hospice in people's homes is also available in all the extended care facilities in Monongalia County. When care is provided in this setting, Morgantown Hospice staff assumes responsibility for the professional management of the patient's illness, and works in close collaboration with staff at the facility.
Extended Care Facilities in Monongalia County
- Morgantown Hospice nurses (all with advanced palliative care training) visit the patient regularly to assess needs, monitor changes in condition, and coordinate medications with physicians, just as they would at home.
- If requested by the family, Home Health Aides provide personal care to supplement the care provided by facility staff.
- Services of the Medical Social Worker and Spiritual Counselor and all therapeutic services (physical, occupational, nutritional, speech, and music) will be provided in the facility, just as at home.
- Volunteers are available to provide patient companionship and respite for families.
- Morgantown Hospice staff members stay in close and regular communication with family members to keep them updated on their loved ones condition.
- All medications to control pain and symptoms of the terminal illness and any additional medical equipment needed are provided free of charge by Morgantown Hospice as outlined in the patient's election of hospice benefit.
Morgantown Hospice has contracted with each of the extended care facilities in Monongalia County to provide this collaborative care. For more information on the facilities, click on the links below:
The Madison Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Assisted Living at Evergreen
If you have any questions about Hospice services, or if you would like to volunteer or make a contribution, please call Morgantown Hospice at (304) 285-2777.