This annual scholarship was established in 1975 by the Auxiliary of Monongalia General Hospital to encourage Junior Volunteers to pursue careers in the health field. The amount of the scholarship is reviewed annually.
Click here for Junior Volunteer Scholarship Application (PDF)
1. Candidate must be a Junior Volunteer and a high school senior.
2. Candidate must contribute a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service at Mon General Hospital.
3. Cadidate must pursue a career in the health field.
4. The scholarship is paid directly to the recipient after the student has been accepted to an accredited program. This scholarship shall not exceed $2,000. One half of the award shall be presented in August and second half in December after verification of a grade point average of 3.0.
5. The scholarship is in effect for the following year after high school graduation.
1. A committee, appointed by the Auxiliary President, shall select the scholarship recipient after reviewing the applications.
2. The committee shall be composed of the following:
a) The Hospital Administrator or his representative
b) The Auxiliary President
c) Health Education Chair
d) One member of the Auxiliary at large
3. The Junior Volunteer Chair, Director of Volunteer Services, or mentoring hospital employee will submit written recommendations to the committee. These individuals will not serve on the committee.
4. Judging shall be done on the basis of grades, letter or recommendation and a personal interview.
Mail application to:
Auxiliary Junior Volunteer Scholarship
Mon General Hospital
1200 J.D. Anderson Drive
Morgantown, WV 26505